The MD of Smoky River No. 130
Effective: May 17, 2019
Wildfire Hazard: HIGH
The Municipal District of Smoky River has issued FIRE RESTRICTION, effective immediately.
with current dry, warm and windy conditions and exposed dry grass materials a Fire Restriction is now in effect for the MD of Smoky River NON- Peace River Forested area. Please see www.albertafirebans.ca for more details on areas
Until further notice:
What is allowed for the restricted area
– Safe wood campfires in back yard and campground fires confined within a non-combustible structure or container that is covered with a heavy gauge metal screen that has a mesh size no larger than 13mm.
– Portable propane fire pits
– Gas or propane fire pits
– Charcoal briquettes
– Catalytic or infrared-style heaters
– Campfires must be supervised at all times, with a means of extinguishment on hand. and totally extinguished (soak it, stir it and soak it again until cool to the touch) before leaving the fire
– Open fires are not permitted and all current Fire Permits are suspended until further notice.
– No Fire Works or pyrotechnics are permitted
This Fire Restriction will remain in place until conditions improve
For details on fire bans across Alberta, visit www.albertafirebans.ca.
For Information contact:
Marcel Maure, Regional Fire Chief
PH 780-837-2221 Ext. 116