Do you have recyclable materials using valuable space in your home, garage or shed? Get rid of your recyclables at the curb with the blue bag program, or at Grandma’s Den in Falher, McLennan Bottle Depot and Smoky River Regional Landfill.
Please see below what recyclables are accepted at each location.
Blue Bag Program
You can recycle the following items with the Blue Bag Program:
- Newsprint/Heavy paper: newspaper, magazines, phone books, catalogues, flyers
- Mixed Paper: office paper, junk mail, shredded paper, etc.
- Boxboard: cereal boxes, pasta boxes, etc.
- Containers: clean food cans, beverage containers, hard plastic containers #1-7, deposit items
- Corrugated cardboard: flattened and folder beneath blue bag. Keep bundle of cardboard to 2 feet by 3 feet in size
When using the Blue Bag Program please remember:
- Include only those items listed above
- Rinse all containers
- All boxes MUST be collapsed
- If you are unsure if an item is recyclable, please call Prairie Disposal LTD at 780-539-5950 BEFORE placing it at the curb
- When in doubt – leave it out
- In the event that any of the guidelines listed are not followed, Prairie Disposal maintains the right to leave items curbside. Those items are left curbside are the responsibility of the home-owner.