Utility bills are mailed out the first week of each month and are due on the last day of the month.
- As we are a small municipality with limited funds, it is our policy to disconnect services to any customer whose utility account remains unpaid for 60 days from the date of billing.
- Before water is reconnected a $30.00 disconnection fee and $30.00 re connection fee along the total account balance must be paid.
Late penalty fee of 1.5% is levied on the remaining unpaid balance after the due date.
- In person at the Village Office by cash or cheque
- by mail
- at the bank or internet and telephone banking at all banks
- Pre-authorized payment plan (direct debit)
- drop your payment in the drop off box located under the northwest bulletin board in the lobby
- SORRY NO DIRECT DEBIT OR CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED
OPENING A UTILITY ACCOUNT
- Come to the Village Office located 5003-3rd Street or call 780-925-3835 two business days prior to your move in date
- We will require a $150 renter deposit prior to move in date for tenants. The renter deposit is applied to your final bill.
- It is your responsibility to contact the Village Office, two business days prior, with your move-out date, and if applicable your new mailing address
Garbage is collected in Donnelly by the Smoky River Regional Waste Commission on Wednesday and must be at the curb by 8:00 am Wednesday morning.
Starting March 2017, all households have been issued a garbage cart. The carts are owned by the Smoky River Regional Waste Commission.
- Place the wheels against the curb or if there is no curb on the edge of the road. Arrows on the lid must point towards the road.
- When placed out for pickup there must be no objects at least 1 m. (3ft.) on either side, such as parked cars, light/power poles, fire hydrants etc.
- Do not overfill your cart. The lid must be completely closed.
- Additional garbage bags next to the cart won’t be picked up, you must make alternate arrangements for disposal.
- Pull your empty garbage bin back on to your property before Thursday AM.
- There are no changes to Recycling.
Residents are encouraged to recycle any recyclable waste materials. See below for recycle dates and list of recyclable material.
Recycle Dates 2017: Friday pick up, see link for calendar
- Village of Donnelly resident who owns a cat or dog must purchase a tag at the Village office.
- A copy of the bylaw is available on this website see the bylaws tab.
- All pets must be contained in your yard and not running at large or they will be impounded and fines applied.