We are seeking dynamic individual to assume the responsibilities of Summer Student as defined in the Canada Summer Jobs Program for the Village of Donnelly.
- Mapping Assets into software with GPS, including locating some underground assets
- Administrative projects
- General reception duties
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Facility learning new technologies
- An understanding of GIS or asset management an asset
- General computer literacy (typing, scanning, searching, spreadsheets)
- Ability to interact with the public in French or English (both an asset)
- Willingness to work both outdoors and indoors
Due to the nature of the funding program, all candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational, or technical program;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*Foreign students are not eligible
Please submit your resume:
- By Email to vilofdon (at) serbernet (dot) com (replace the items in brackets with the symbol)
- By Fax to (780) 925-2100
- In person Tuesday to Friday between 9:00 AM -12:00 PM & 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Drop box in the lobby of the municipal office (just left of the office door) 24 hrs a day.
The position will run From July 4, 2017 to August 31, 2017.
The posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all those that apply, however only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.