Effective immediately, Animal Control will no longer be issuing warnings to the Owner of a Dog or Cat that is deemed to have failed or refused to comply with Bylaw 15-03 (see below).
As per Schedule “B” of Bylaw 15-03, the following fines will be issued without warnings:
- Fail to obtain a Dog or Cat Licence – $100.00
- Have more than two pets on premises – $200.00
- Allow a Dog or Cat to Run at Large = $100.00
- Allow a Dog or Cat/Domestic Anima to defecate on public/private property = $100.00
- Permit a Dog or Cat to bark or howl excessively – $200.00
- Permit a Dog or Cat to be a public nuisance – biting/attempting to bite/chase people – $500.00
- Negligently allow a Dog or Cat/Domestic Animal to run at large – $200.00
- Tease, torment, annoy, harm or willfully neglect a Dog or Cat/Domestic Animal – $400.00
- Without provocation an animal has bit or attacked persons or other animals – $5000.00
For a complete list of the penalties in Schedule “B” or to review Bylaw 15-03:Bylaw 15-03 – Control of Dogs & Cats and Domestic Animals including Dangerous or aggressive Dogs & Cats
Cancellation of Regular Council Meeting
Reschedule – Regular Council Meeting
Please note that the July 12, 2022 Council meeting has been Cancelled. The next Regular Council Meeting will be August 9th, 2022
Time: 7 pm
Location: Village Office
If you have any questions, please contact Village Office at 780-925-3835
The Village of Donnelly Campground is now Open!
- The Campground is open from May to September each year.
- It is located East of Guy-Donnelly Sportex
- There is Full hook up (water, sewer and power)
- 15 Stalls available with picnic tables
- 15 and 30 amp power on all 15 stalls
- First come (no reservations)
- Rates are:
- Daily $25
- Weekly $150
- Monthly $550
- Self-registration envelopes located at the campground kiosk or at the Village office (5003 3rd Street).
- Payment must be received within 24 hours of parking at Campground
- Cash, Cheques or E transfers can be used for payments (Credit/Debit payments are not accepted at this time)
- Drop Box located in lobby area of Village Office for easy payment when office is closed
- Campground is monitored daily including weekends
For further information, please call 780-925-3835 or email: admin@donnelly,.ca.
Office is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 9am -4pm (closed for lunch).
Click on link to view Bylaw 21-06 being a Bylaw of the Village of Donnelly, in the Province of Alberta, to Regulate and Control the Provision of Water, WasteWater and Solid Waste Services to Residents, Business, Industry and Institutions within the Village of Donnelly: Bylaw 21-06
This Bylaw has also posted permanently under the Bylaw section of the Village of Donnelly website.
At the regularly scheduled village Council meeting. Council scheduled a special Council meeting for January 17th 2022 at 7:15pm to discuss the Budget. Notice was posted at the office on Friday January 14th 2022
Please have your garbage out BEFORE 7 am on the day of garbage pickup.
To ensure that your garbage will not be missed, it is advisable to have your garbage on curbside the EVENING before the garbage is scheduled for pickup.
Any garbage that has not been placed out by 7 AM on the day of garbage pickup, cannot be guaranteed that it will be picked up.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Village of Donnelly Office at 780-925-3835.
Do you have recyclable materials using valuable space in your home, garage or shed? Get rid of your recyclables at the curb with the blue bag program, or at Grandma’s Den in Falher, McLennan Bottle Depot and Smoky River Regional Landfill.
Please see below what recyclables are accepted at each location.
Blue Bag Program
You can recycle the following items with the Blue Bag Program:
- Newsprint/Heavy paper: newspaper, magazines, phone books, catalogues, flyers
- Mixed Paper: office paper, junk mail, shredded paper, etc.
- Boxboard: cereal boxes, pasta boxes, etc.
- Containers: clean food cans, beverage containers, hard plastic containers #1-7, deposit items
- Corrugated cardboard: flattened and folder beneath blue bag. Keep bundle of cardboard to 2 feet by 3 feet in size
When using the Blue Bag Program please remember:
- Include only those items listed above
- Rinse all containers
- All boxes MUST be collapsed
- If you are unsure if an item is recyclable, please call Meston Group at 780-624-9633 BEFORE placing it at the curb
- When in doubt – leave it out
- In the event that any of the guidelines listed are not followed, Prairie Disposal maintains the right to leave items curbside. Those items are left curbside are the responsibility of the home-owner.
Hierarchy of Plans in Alberta
Land use planning in Alberta is subject to plans at both the provincial level and the municipal level of government. In addition, with the implementation of the provincial Land Use Framework and the Alberta Land Stewardship Act some planning decisions will be made at the regional level.
Please click on the link below to see a diagram outlining the various plans, their hierarchy and their place in the provincial, regional and municipal realms.